CVCC personnel shall observe the following guidelines when responding to a sexual assault report.
- Assess the victim's well-being, render aid, and express concern and assurance.
- Encourage the victim to seek medical treatment (preferably within 72 hrs.)
- Do not question the victim about the details of the incident. Questioning will be handled by trained personnel.
- Notify the Campus Safety and Security Office and/or the Executive Officer of Student Services.
- Identify the assailant if possible.
- Make sure the victim is in a secure place.
- Identify the location of the crime.
- Assist law enforcement or medical personnel responding to the incident as needed.
- Do not touch, move or collect any evidence unless that evidence may be lost if you do not. If you have to collect evidence, record the following information:
- Item seized,
- Time seized, and
- Location seized.
- If evidence is given to you, record the following information:
- The person's name, address, telephone number and date of birth,
- The item given to you,
- The time and location where the person seized the item,
- The time you received the item, and
- Document chain of custody of the evidence.